Academic Program Information
Phlebotomy is the practice of drawing blood from patients and taking the blood specimens to the laboratory to prepare for testing. As a phlebotomist you are an important member of the clinical laboratory team. New diagnostic techniques, clinical laboratory technology and automated instruments have greatly increased the volume of -and demand for-medical laboratory testing. In just 16 weeks you can complete your Phlebotomy course and begin working in the medical field as a phlebotomist.
Why Phlebotomy at USF? You can:
- Learn in small classes with easy access to faculty
- Get a great introduction into a healthcare career
- Enter a profession with tremendous job security
- Participate in interprofessional education experiences
Upon graduation, our phlebotomy students are:
- Eligible for employment in hospital, blood bank, laboratory or doctors office setting
- Ready to start a fulfilling career
- Eligible for many job opportunities in area
- Building credentials at USF
- Eligible to sit for the national certification exam
To be considered for admission to the Phlebotomy course at USF Crown Point, you must:
- Complete a criminal background check
- Complete a drug screen
- Have a current CPR card
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have a High School GPA of 2.0 or higher, or have a GED of 600 with no category less than 150 after 2014; before 2014 subscore of 500 is required
- Pay course tuition of $1,600 in full by noon the Friday prior to the start date
UPCOMING CLASS DATES
The next Phlebotomy class will begin August 28, 2017 and run for 16 weeks. Call us for more information.
See our facilities for yourself. Sign up for an individual visit today! Complete a free, online application to get started! Apply today ! Please contact our admissions office at 219.488.8888 or fill our inquiry form if you’d like to know more about how you can advance your career through an education from USF Crown Point.