Marsha King, DNP, MS, MBA, RN, NEA-BC
Dean, USF Crown Point
- DNP, Systems Leadership Track Rush University
- MBA, Keller Graduate School of Management
- MSN, Purdue University Calumet
- BSN, Purdue University Calumet
- ASN, Purdue University Calumet
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- Indiana State Nurses Association (ISNA)
- American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE)
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL)
- Northern Indiana Organization of Nurse Executives (NIONE)
- Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI)
- Nursing Leadership
- High Fidelity Simulation
- Critical Care
- Executive Leadership, Go Red for Women Campaign, American Heart Association 2015-2016
- Northwest Indiana Executive Chair, Go Red for Women, American Heart Association 2016-2017
- Nursing Alumni of the Year, Purdue University Calumet, Hammond, IN, 2008
- National Recipient, George P. Doherty Award, Keller Graduate School, Merrillville, IN, 2002
- Outstanding graduate who best represents qualities of leadership, strength of character, and pursuit of excellence.
- Recipient, Sagamore of the Wabash, Governor of Indiana, 2002
- Highest honor bestowed by the Governor of Indiana for distinguishing attributes loyalty, wisdom, and leadership.
- Sigma Theta Tau/National Nursing Honor Society
- Annette M. Bourgault, Marsha M. King, Patricia Hart, Mary Jo Campbell, Sally Swartz, and Mimi Lou, “Circle of Excellence. Does Regular Rounding by Nursing Associates boost Patient Satisfaction?”, Nursing Management, Vol.39, No.11, 2008.
- Marsha M. King, “Shared Medical Visit a Unique Nursing Opportunity in Ambulatory Care”, Advance for Nurses, 2005.
- Marsha M. King, “Redesigning Care Using Total Quality Management and Outcome/Variance Analysis”, Aspen Advisor for Nurse Executives, Vol. 10/No. 5, Feb 1995.
- Implementing Simulation throughout the Nursing Curriculum in an Academic Setting” Corinthian College Webinar, May 29, 2014.
- “The E’s Start with Us”. Presentation to the NIONE Nurse Association Members, June 2015
- Guest Speaker for the Philippine Nurses Association of Northwest Indiana first Lunch and Learn Series. “The Institute of Medicine, Future of Nursing, the Journey Ahead” July 11, 2015.
- Podium presentation for the Indiana Center for Nursing Conference, “Beyond the Walls of the Simulation Lab: An Interprofessional Disaster Drill Collaboration” (Oct. 2015)
- Poster presentation at the 23rd Annual Northwest Indiana Nursing Research Consortium Conference, “Beyond the Walls of the Simulation Lab: An Interprofessional Disaster Drill Collaboration” (Nov. 2015)
- Guest Speaker for Bethel College Masters in Nursing Administration Law and Ethics class on the “Practice of Nursing in the State of Indiana” (January 2016)
- Presentation to Inspiration Fitness Corporation members on “Women and Heart Disease: Saving Lives” (Feb. 25, 2016)
- “Interprofessional Collaboration in a Multi Casualty Incident” Trauma from a Regional Perspective (March 31, 2016)
- “Outside the Boundaries of the Simulation Lab: An Interprofessional Disaster Drill Partnership” Emergency Response Conference 2016 ( August 2016)
- “The Integration of the QSEN Competency of Informatics in Simulation through a Hospital System Collaboration”, 24th Annual Northwest Indiana Nursing Research Consortium, Nov. 2016 poster presentation.
View Marsha King’s Curriculum Vitae.