Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Course
The Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) Course at USF Crown Point will prepare you to begin your career as a health care professional. In just eight weeks, you’ll complete the classroom and clinical hours necessary to be eligible for certification by the Indiana State Department of Health. That means you’ll soon be able to begin caring for patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
As a CNA, you’ll work closely with patients and be a key member of the health care team. Because of the closeness with which you’ll work with patients, you will have the chance to watch and report on their status to a RN or LPN, playing a serious part in determining the best course of action regarding their care.
You’ll also have the chance for career progress. After completion of the CNA course, you can easily change into other healthcare profession such as nursing.
Like all courses offered by the University of Saint Francis, the classroom coursework, laboratories and clinical experiences you complete in the CNA course will be taught from a foundation of Franciscan values. An active learning environment and values-based education will help you become a better-prepared, compassionate healthcare provider which USF is known. Unlike most courses, which only offer classroom learning opportunities, our Nurse Resource Center offers a simulation laboratory where you will be exposed to the real-life settings you’ll come across when you become a CNA.
Eight-week CNA courses are offered each semester. Tuition for the course is just $800. However, that amount is fully reimbursable by the state if you pass certification and find employment in a long-term care facility within 12 months.
What Makes us Different
- Interviews set up for employment with local hospital and agency prior to completion of the course. Guaranteed employment opportunities.
- CNA students interested in nursing receive credit in the admission process
- USF CNA students will work closely with faculty to sharpen skills before clinical hours
- Spend time in the state of the art Simulation Lab
- Additional hours built in to prepare you for certification
- Review sessions to prepare for the written and clinical portion of the state exam
- Excellent post-graduation employment rate means USF CNA graduates are in high demand
- Nursing Resource Center offers equipment you need during training
Upcoming Class Dates
Evening classes start January 28, 2019. Call us for more information. 219/488-8888
Please contact our admissions office at 219.488.8888 or fill our inquiry form if you’d like to know more about how you can advance your career through an education from USF Crown Point.